Easiest way to modify screens for "x iPhone notch"

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

bwmilby

Re: Easiest way to modify screens for "x iPhone notch"

Post by bwmilby » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes. It isn’t so much the notch area but that the height of the header bar is different. You also have the area at the bottom of the screen that should not be used. On the X models I’m pretty sure that Apple says to leave the header displayed in most cases which makes sense because you already have more vertical space compared to earlier models and probably don’t need the extra pixels.
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

DR White

Post by DR White » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Won't I have empty space at the top of non-X iphones, if I make space for the X iphone notch?
Last edited by DR White on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwmilby

Post by bwmilby » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 pm

What I meant is that you will need to account for the actual header bar height so the X models will need to have the top of your UI a few pixels lower than non-X models. Likewise, the lowest UI element will need to be a few pixels off the bottom edge for X models.

And yes, without adjusting your geometry you will have empty space somewhere on the X models as the aspect ratio is too different to stretch both directions. I think X models are going to require at least some amount of control positioning to be properly supported.

See this post:
viewtopic.php?p=171839#p171839

I need to update the demo for the X models.
Brian Milby

Script Tracker https://github.com/bwmilby/scriptTracker

sphere

Post by sphere » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks Brian i will check it out too.
I used 1024x768 for my projects and then used exactFit, indeed the rect of fields is not always correct.
I was searching too on how to adjust it. I have a DG with some images which are 150x150, but on my Android it a bit more of a rectangle than a square.
I read in that thread you' ve mentioned most used are Showall and noBorder for mobile, so i will dive in that a bit more. And see how my greatly devine app will look then. Probably have to do some minor calculations for those images as the rest seem to look ok.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”