Trying to open stack that has a close stack command

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jalz
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Trying to open stack that has a close stack command

Post by jalz » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm moving my app(multiple substacks) to another new stack as for some reason the old stack I am working with is building my app with blurry fonts and I cant rectify this no matter what I do. Shifting my substacks to a new fresh stack seems to have cured the problem, although its a bit drastic.

I've moved all but one substack which does a query when the stack open and if the condition fails it closes the stack. So when I try to an open the stack using my project browser, I cant prevent it from immediately closing. Is there a command or a way to suppress the stack/card scripts for this particular substack so I can associate it to another main stack.

Finally whilst moving the substacks across to my new stack, I noticed livecode has created a Data Grid Templates substack. I take it that LC creates these when you alter a datagrid and I need to copy this across for my datagrids (which I have a lot of) to work.

Thanks as always

Klaus

Re: Trying to open stack that has a close stack command

Post by Klaus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi jalz,

use the message box:
lock messages;go stack "your substack here..."

Best

Klaus

bogs

Re: Trying to open stack that has a close stack command

Post by bogs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:22 pm

If your trying to open it in the IDE, doesn't just clicking on the messages button do the same thing?
Selection_001.png
Lock messages...
Selection_001.png (23.88 KiB) Viewed 2066 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”