Broken file

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

DavJans

Broken file

Post by DavJans » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:37 pm

When I try to open my stack it launches livecode but then it doesn't let me see my stack. If I try to open a backup it tells me that a stack with that name is already open. so I think its open I just cant see it. is there a way to fix this or am I screwed? I had a similar problem a few years ago and Support was able to fix it. does support still fix files if needed?
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm" förutom här

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Broken file

Post by richmond62 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:45 pm

I end up with that situation if I try to open a LiveCode stack by double-clicking on it (Mac & Linux),
but if I open the LiveCode application and then my stack through that everything is alright.

DavJans

Post by DavJans » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 pm

I tried that but it didn't work, I was able to open the project browser and the stack had visible unchecked. I'm back in business now.
"Det bästa stället att hitta en hjälpande hand är i slutet av din egen arm" förutom här

ClintMA

Post by ClintMA » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Check if your stack is off-screen.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”