What is the Data Report for livecode?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

lemodizon

What is the Data Report for livecode?

Post by lemodizon » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:55 am

Hello everyone :D :D :D

upon reviewing the controls of the livecode aside the from date picker and timer i noticed also there is no data report where can i find the the data report of livecode? is this possible can we link livecode to crystal report?

date picker i already download the "calendar pane" but i don't know how to install it if i created a sample stack.

i'm currently studying the controls of livecode and their behavior and function.

thanks for the help

Go Livecode!
Thank you & God Bless Everyone :wink:

Regards,
lemodizon

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: What is the Data Report for livecode?

Post by dunbarx » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am

Have you read the instructions that come with calendar pane? You have to install two libraries. Write back if you get stuck, but it is actually straightforward. Follow the directions.

I use a Crystal Reports macro to read from a database program. I then have CR export to an excel spreadsheet. I take that spreadsheet and have a Hypercard stack read it and do all kinds of stuff.

If HC can get involved, surely LC can. Others will chime in...

Craig Newman

bogs

Re: What is the Data Report for livecode?

Post by bogs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:10 pm

dunbarx wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 am
Have you read the instructions that come with calendar pane?
I was curious, so I downloaded it myself. I didn't see any instructions either on the web page, or in the zip file as separate text, so for the uninitiated this might be confusing.
Selection_004.png
The webpage.
Selection_005.png
The folder/zip as you get it.
What you actually have to do to get to the instructions is open the file "CalendarPane.rev" lemodizon, and the first thing you will see is the instructions Craig mentions.

There was also this post I came across in the forums about CalendarPane which shows there are probably instructions in the other 2 files as well. Myself, I prefer all instructions being included in a separate file, preferably text, but I'm old :P

On the plus side, I opened it in Lc6, so it should work (theoretically) in any version of Lc from there forward.

Enjoy it :D

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”