Linux printing with revPrintField - um...nope

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

rumplestiltskin

Linux printing with revPrintField - um...nope

Post by rumplestiltskin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:44 am

Well, I've made sure that all the usual inclusions are there (like "printing", etc.) yet calling "revPrintField" from my menu results in nothing when run in my Linux app. In the Mac version (exactly the same stack; only the app launcher is different due to how LC gloms in the appropriate runtime), it all prints fine calling the Page Setup and Print... dialogs as expected.

Even though the menubar is part of the stack (not the runtime app "engine"), shouldn't the call to revPrintField result in seeing the Linux printers? [Just checked on the Linux side and using...

Code: Select all

revPrintField the name of field "myField"
...brings up the two dialog boxes but the print job never hits the printer. I've printed successfully from LibreOffice (not 2 minutes before and then 2 minutes after just to check that everything was connected properly).

I even tried using revPrintText but, again, both dialog boxes appear but the print job never hits the queue.

Is there a bug I should know about?

Thanks,
Barry

rumplestiltskin

Re: Linux printing with revPrintField - um...nope

Post by rumplestiltskin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I'll note that using "search for inclusions" creates nothing extra in the build folder. When I manually select inclusions (every one that shows a penguin), I do get a bunch of extras in the build folder. However, the same issue occurs: There's an initial answer dialog I present (which happens) but, when revPrintField is called, the app goes into neverneverland.

I searched through the LC buglist for Linux issues but couldn't find anything unresolved that applied to this issue.

I know most everything in the folder shown below isn't required but I figured if it worked than something it needed wasn't being attached when it "searched" for inclusions as the compiled app is just a launcher.
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 3.07.33 PM.jpg

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”