Livecode asks for a newer version than exist?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Gurki
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Livecode asks for a newer version than exist?

Post by Gurki » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:13 pm

I made a little stack and wanted to save it as standalone application. It went well for MacOS, Windows and Linux, but not for Android. I installed Android Studio before, but if I point in the Preferences > Mobile Support > Location of Android development SDK root, I get an error message "The chosen folder is not a valid Android SDK. Please ensure you have installed it correctly, and enabled support for Android 4.0.3 (API 15)."

In fact, Android Studio I installed is only 3.0.1, but following the site https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html this is the newest version (for Linux). For me, this looks confusing.

In the SDK Manager of Android Studio, there is only API 27 available, it is installed (furthermore Anroid 2.3.3 Gingerbread and 8.0 Oreo). There is no possibility to install API 15. What can I do?

Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
LiveCode: 8.1.8 Stable

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Livecode asks for a newer version than exist?

Post by richmond62 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Gurki

Re: Livecode asks for a newer version than exist?

Post by Gurki » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 am

Thank you for that link. It was a little bit confusing, as I had to install Android Studio 3.0.1 for Linux, but then in Configure > SDK Manager > Tab "SDK Platforms" chose Android 4.0.3 (IceCreamSandwich) which adds API 15 as shown in one of the columns behind.
Thank you, Richmond 62.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”