ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory." - Maybe Bug in AppLoader 3.7

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

DR White

ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory." - Maybe Bug in AppLoader 3.7

Post by DR White » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 pm

I have been trying for three days to upload a file to the App store, I am using the attached link,
but I always get "ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory.""

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/33 ... -app-store

Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

David
Last edited by DR White on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory."

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi David,

The link you have posted is broken, but I assume you are referring to this lesson:

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/33 ... -app-store

Last time I checked (3 days ago) this worked as expected for me.

I guess you use Application Loader to upload the binary, and you are trying to upload a .ipa (not.zip) file, is that correct?

Moreover, which version of LC are you using?

Best,
Panos
--

DR White

Re: ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory."

Post by DR White » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Panos,

I am using 8.1.9.

I am moving an .app file to myApp folder on desktop

renaming folder:

mv myApp Payload

zip -r application.ipa Payload

using Application Loader

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:14 pm

What is the output in the terminal when you execute the <zip -r application.ipa Payload> command? You should see something like:

panosTest:Desktop panos$ mv TestAppStoreSubmission Payload
panosTest:Desktop panos$ zip -r application.ipa Payload
adding: Payload/ (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/.DS_Store (deflated 95%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/ (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/_CodeSignature/ (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/_CodeSignature/CodeResources (deflated 74%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon57x57.png (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon57x57@2x.png (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon60x60@2x.png (deflated 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon60x60@3x.png (deflated 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon72x72@2x~ipad.png (deflated 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon72x72~ipad.png (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon76x76@2x~ipad.png (deflated 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon76x76~ipad.png (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/AppIcon83.5x83.5@2x~ipad.png (deflated 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/Assets.car (deflated 1%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/Default-568h@2x.png (deflated 86%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/embedded.mobileprovision (deflated 32%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/Info.plist (deflated 77%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/PkgInfo (stored 0%)
adding: Payload/TestAppStoreSubmission.app/TestAppStoreSubmission (deflated 51%)
panosTest:Desktop panos$

Moreover, what version of Application Loader are you using? I used 3.6

Best,
Panos
--

DR White

Post by DR White » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Panos,

I am using 3.7.

I rebooted again, saved the binary to different folder, dragged the .app file to Desktop/myApp folder
followed the link instructions for like the 100th time used the up loader and it worked this time for some reason.

I did notice that after creating the zip file the last line of zip file was different then before and the screen shot you sent me (see attachment)

Thank you for your time and help,
Zip file progress.jpg
last line - PayLoad/.DS_Store
David

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory." - Solved Maybe

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Hehe, maybe the all-time-classic solution "Have you tried to turn it off and on again?" has worked :)

BTW I am not sure if you should move the .app outside its *original* parent folder. In the lesson it is assumed that when you built the standalone, you chose to save it in Desktop. Thus, when the standalone is saved, it is assumed that your Desktop has a folder called "myAppName", which *already* includes "myAppName.app".

Regarding the PayLoad/.DS_Store file, there is also in my output, but it is in the beginning rather than the end.

Anyway, problem seems to be fixed now.

Best regards,
Panos
--

DR White

Re: ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory." - Solved Maybe

Post by DR White » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Panos,

I tried numerous times saving the standalone direct to the desktop folder "myApp" and then going to terminal mode and followed the instructions of the live code link, without success. Of course, I also tried numerous time dragging the standalone to Desktop folder "myApp" without success.

I am not sure, what was really different this time. I will be curious when you update to 3.7 Application Loader, what your experience will be.

Again,

Thanks,

David

DR White

Re: ERROR ITMS-90072: "The IPA is invalid. It does not include a Payload directory." - Maybe Bug in AppLoader 3.7

Post by DR White » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:43 pm

What I have found is that the LC procedure for converting .zip to .ipa files worked well for other application Loader versions previous 3.7, but with 3.7 it works great the first time I create the myApp folder and after that new programs seem to need the myApp folder in a different directory. Seem very strange, but that is what I have had to do with ver 3.7 to get a successful upload to Apple.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”