A window is always on top

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

quanghai

A window is always on top

Post by quanghai » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 am

Hi.

When I 'awakened' the computer that had been resting a few hours (iMac), I have seen that the main window of a stack in which I'm working is always in front of all the others:

If I write an instruction "answer" or "ask", standing behind. Also the message window and the script window left behind. Even if I open other applications (browser, Photoshop etc.) the same. In fact, it is not active the small yellow button (Mac) to minimize the window.

This only occurs in a stack. I opened others and work well.

I do not remember that I have entered a command that could cause this problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you.

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: A window is always on top

Post by dunbarx » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 am

Hi,

I am not sure I understand. If LC is not the active application, then all palettes and IDE stacks will be hidden, and all stack windows will appear just as you described, that is, behind the frontmost application, and with all its decoration buttons disabled. The order of visible windows will track the order in which they were placed in front. So if I place some app in front, then place a stack in front, and then place another app in front, the disabled stack will lie between the other two

Please, unless someone else knows already, describe again what you think has changed, or needs either comment or repair.

Craig Newman

jacque

Re: A window is always on top

Post by jacque » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Does the stack appear on top of everything, all the time? This sounds like it has been set to be a system window. See "systemWindow" in the dictionary.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”