Usability and capacity of the play command

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

heikor

Usability and capacity of the play command

Post by heikor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

Hi, new to livecode and the main interest was to be able to create some sort of "looping comic strips with audio" where the audio does not loop and its end stops the looping video -- that were easy in the 90s with Hypercard. In Hypercard the sound could be put into the stack with some mover and you could play this sound as you can still play boing a b c d with livecode. In livecode I can play external sounds, maybe I can do the same as in Hypercard. Maybe I can play this sound a b c d as well. But I have not been able to put that sound into the commandline. LIke play ~/bla.aiff a b c d. How can I do this if this is possible?

Klaus

Re: Usability and capacity of the play command

Post by Klaus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Heiko,

1. welcome to the forum! :D

Maybe I can play this sound a b c d as well. But I have not been able to put that sound into the commandline. LIke play ~/bla.aiff a b c d. How can I do this if this is possible?
no, this is not possible in Livecode.

And as far as I remember this was only possible with some sound (some kind of MIDI?)
and not with every sound file. I may be wrong. 8)

Best

Klaus

Klaus

Re: Usability and capacity of the play command

Post by Klaus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Since this is really not a feature request, I will move this thread to the Beginners section.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”