Installing Libraries and plugins

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

gagsoft

Installing Libraries and plugins

Post by gagsoft » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Guys
Just got Excel Library but cannot find documentation on how and where to install it.
I resonantly just copied the stack browser into the "documents\my livecode folder" and it worked fine.
Is there a place where I can get documentation on how to install libraries and plugins on Mac?
I am also having difficulty in installing SQLYoga. From what I have read is that one should be able to see
plugins in the IDE, in the development plugins list if one installed it correctly.

Any pointers would be welcome.
A Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to al LiveCoders.

Peter G

bogs

Re: Installing Libraries and plugins

Post by bogs » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:10 pm

It is hard to find information for some reason. Basically, there are 2 places where plugins are found, 1 is inside the Lc installed folder, the other is in the folder listed in the preferences "files and memory" tab, and *that* is the folder recommended for any extension, plugin, etc not shipped with Lc itself. I am not sure about the other folders in that folder, but I do know that the plugins folder can show up one of two ways, with either a lowercase or uppercase 'P'. For I would guess path reasons, depending on who made the plugin, this makes a difference, but generally speaking this is what the folder would look like.

gagsoft

Post by gagsoft » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

This is what I managed to work out so far.
In Livecode preferences\files and Memory the path should point to a subfolder of documents such as "My Livecode"
The requirement is "That is if I understand it correctly" that the path should be set at a higher level of where the plugin / library resides for the livecode to read it. for example:
One would have folders such as - Extensions and plugins as subfolders.
My issue is that I have copied Excel library, WordLib-20008, sql_yoga, lcStackBrowser2 and ASG_DataGrid_Helper 2.1 as sub folders into the "My Livecode" folder and in the ide development plugins list the only plugins that show, are: lcStackBrowser2 "which was supplied with an installer" that placed it there", ASG_DataGrid_Helper 2.1and revSeth Editor.
I guess I am missing something here or am I doing it wrong.

Any pointers would be appreciated. :D
Many thanks
Peter G

MaxV

Post by MaxV » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Put them in the Extesnion folder inside My Livecode folder
Livecode Wiki: http://livecode.wikia.com
My blog: https://livecode-blogger.blogspot.com
To post code use this: http://tinyurl.com/ogp6d5w

gagsoft

Post by gagsoft » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:29 am

Hi guys
Thanks for the help.
Got sorted.
Discovered a install plugin feature in the stackbrowser.
Installed my libs and plugins.

Best,
Peter G

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Nice ! I didn't know such existed.

*Edit - I still don't see it in 8.1.6, are you using a dp9.x version?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”