[Solved]...Folder path question

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

bogs

[Solved]...Folder path question

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Short version - making a custom dialog box, I want to collect a list of items that, if clicked on, bring you to a previously selected folder. Purposely not using system dialogs.

Longer version - I have a list, and a menu button, and need to be able to set a folder path from the menu button. Here is a pic of the dialog -

Setting the path from the list works fine, and populates the menu items fine -
Setting either the home or / path is working, the problem I am not getting my head around is setting previously visited folder paths back, i.e. in the picture above, I am currently in the 'home' folder, but I want to skip to the previously visited 'Lc6_5-6_7' folder (which is not in the home folder).

Is there any way, short of storing each path on a series of lines of a container, of finding the path to a folder visited before? I am currently leaning towards just setting a custom property, but would rather not if there is some easy way to skip it.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by bogs on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaosean

Re: Folder path question

Post by shaosean » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:23 am

Storing the path is the way to go.. You could also make use of an Application Support/Data folder and store aliases/links in there and then let the system worry about keeping track of the real locations..

bogs

Post by bogs » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Thank you Sean, this is much the same answer I finally reached too, was just hoping I was wrong :D

shaosean

Post by shaosean » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Well, at least you were right to ask. ;-)

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”