Adding code after compiling

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

Adding code after compiling

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Hi. I'm basically trying to figure out how to update my apps without having to recompile them and go through the Apple/Google approval process - and have the user redownload, etc. The time involved for this is too much - so I'm trying to streamline it.

I have a database driven LiveCode app - which means that the app calls my web server to get information to load into the app.

I have just realized that I can put script instructions to create a card, add buttons, etc: I can have the app access my server, get the instructions, and add the instructions to the script code of a button or a card - and it will implement it. I know that it works BEFORE it is compiled... but I want to know if it will work AFTER the app is compiled. Unfortunately, I don't have a decent compiling/testing environment to test it myself and don't really know what the compiling process involes - so I was wondering if you know if this would work

Code: Select all

create card "bob"
  put the script of card "bob" into twhat
  put "yes" into twhat
 set the script of card "bob" to twhat
go to card "bob"
create button "sam"
 set the label of button "sam" to "pete"

jmburnod
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Adding code after compiling

Post by jmburnod » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi,
Yes, we can do it but Apple doesn't allow to download code or stacks (Apple consider stack as code)
Best regards
Jean-Marc
https://alternatic.ch

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”