iPhone 6 simulator size not matching stack size

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Vetie

iPhone 6 simulator size not matching stack size

Post by Vetie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello everyone,

After creating a stack using the iPhone 6 template and placing a few controls (buttons, text box) and then testing them in the iPhone 6 simulator, the controls are not in the same location on the simulator.

I am currently working through the first ABC program, simple messages and when I place the text box and the button near the bottom of the stack just like the video and then rum it in the iPhone 6 simulator you can only see the very top of the text box as it is too low on the screen.

Anyway to fix this so when I place a control on the stack using the iPhone 6 template it will match the location when ran on the iPhone 6 simulator?
(the videos for the ABC never show the samples running in any of the simulators)

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: iPhone 6 simulator size not matching stack size

Post by jacque » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 pm

If you are positive you're really running in the right simulator, I'd try it on a real device. Sometimes the simulator isn't accurate.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”