Locating errors shown by Standalone maker

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

exheusden

Locating errors shown by Standalone maker

Post by exheusden » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:22 pm

The standalone maker generates a working MacOS version of my stack. However, it also presents me with a window of errors: 14 "File not found" errors in a total of more than 500 cards, with paths that point to a non-existant folder within an old Supercard folder that I have not used for a number of years (more than five).

I have tried to locate what I presume must be references to these paths in the stack, using the LiveCode>Edit>Find and Replace… menu item, there checking all the relevant checkboxes, but nothing is found.

How can I track down these missing references?
Last edited by exheusden on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thierry
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Locating errors shown by Standalone maker

Post by Thierry » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi,

shooting in the dark...

Could it be in a custom property?

I'm not sure the Find & replace will find it.

HTH

Thierry
!
SUNNY-TDZ.COM doesn't belong to me since 2021.
To contact me, use the Private messages. Merci.
!

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Thierry. I have checked the custom properties now, and the problem is not located there.

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:18 am

Only guessing too, is there something in the standalone inclusions pane that is trying to add a custom setting, maybe from a defunct plugin? Or in the preferences do you have a default build location set that is no longer there.
No real idea if that will be helpful though.

jmburnod

Post by jmburnod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:25 am

Hi exheusden ,
Do you have supercard ?
If not and if it is useful i have some versions of supercard somewhere :D
Best regards
Jean-Marc
https://alternatic.ch

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:34 pm

SparkOut wrote:is there something in the standalone inclusions pane that is trying to add a custom setting…? Or in the preferences do you have a default build location set that is no longer there.
Thanks for the ideas, but neither is relevant in my case,

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:36 pm

jmburnod wrote:Hi exheusden ,
Do you have supercard ?
If not and if it is useful i have some versions of supercard somewhere :D
Best regards
Jean-Marc
Yes, I do have SuperCard, though I have not used it for many years. Can I do something with it to help find a solution, perhaps?

jacque

Post by jacque » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:21 pm

What search term did you use in the Find and Replace tool?
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:01 pm

jacque wrote:What search term did you use in the Find and Replace tool?
"SuperCard" (without the quotes).

jacque

Post by jacque » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:21 pm

If "supercard" in anywhere in a file path or custom property, then that should have found it. If the stack is just using the defaultFolder, and the main stack is in a folder named "supercard", then it won't find it. Maybe a search for "file" in the scripts would turn up something.

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:59 pm

The main folder is not in a folder named "SuperCard". There are, as far as I am aware, no custom properties in the stack.

The stack was originally made in HyperCard; it was then converted to SuperCard and then, some years ago, converted to Revolution (LiveCode). At the time the stack was in SuperCard and I have been able to find an old copy to check it. All of the "not found" files seem to be linked to objects in cards in the SuperCard stack: a card will have a single graphic object and there are only 14 such cards. I assume that at the time I used the "Set PictureData to File" setting to associate the graphic object to a specific file and that somehow, this setting came across to Revolution and LiveCode. But where would it be stored?

jacque

Post by jacque » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:04 pm

Aha. If the translation to RR/LC was accurate, that would be the filename property of the image. You should see that in the image's property inspector.

Good sleuthing.

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:12 pm

And that's the really strange thing, for the pathname of each image is correct, pointing to the current file and not to the file referenced in the SuperCard stack. It's as if the original SuperCard reference is hidden somewhere…

As an example, the pathname to the image for a record label is referenced in the image's properties as:

/Users/davidneale/Documents/Web stuff/David's Web Stuff/Telenet Webspace/elvis/originals/labels/AreYouLonesome.jpg

yet the standalone error report shows as not found the following pathname:

/Users/davidneale/Documents/Revolution//Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals/pics/AreYouLonesome.jpg

jacque

Post by jacque » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am

Okay. The so-called "reference" file path is malformed, which makes me think it's a remnant of an incorrect file import to RR/LC, especially since it came originally from a HyperCard stack which used to tack on extra bits until the stack was compacted. If that's true you won't find this in the IDE, it's part of the binary data.

Working on a backup copy, try setting the filename of one of the images to empty. Save the stack and remove from memory. Then reopen it and set the filename to the correct location. Save.

If a test build shows that this fixes it, do the others.

exheusden

Post by exheusden » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:56 am

Thank you Jacque.

The double-slash in the middle of the path appears in all 14 "not found" errors (the path is basically the same for them all, with the exception of the filename itself).

I tried your suggestion, but the result remained the same, unfortunately.

I then opened the stack in TextWrangler and did a search for SuperCard. And there it is! Here is a block of code that references all of the "not found" files:

Code: Select all

PrintingMacOS,dynamicMemorytrue
inclusionssearch
MacOSX x86-64falseCopyReferencedFilesfalseWeb,RequestedNameWindows,documenticonFile_/Applications/Revolution Media 4.0.0/Runtime/Windows/x86-32/Support/Sample Icons/genericdoc.icofilesK/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/Alright, Okay.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/AreYouLonesome.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/BlueberryHill.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/BlueEyesCry.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/Come What May.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/froggy.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/girl next door.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/GirlOfMyBestFriend.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/I apoligise.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/LeFevres Without Him.JPG
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/O Mother Dear.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/shoppin around.JPG
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/summertime is past and gone.jpg
/Users/davidneale/Documents/SuperCard/Elvis/Originals pics/Torna a Surriento.jpgMacOS,versionnumber30Windows,productversion30name	Originals
MacOS,ReleaseFinalOSX,documentTypeWindows,productversion20OSX,name	OriginalsMacOSX PowerPC-32falseUNIX,colorChoosertrueanswerDialogtrueMacOS,longVersionOriginals 1.0.0.0UNIX,printerChoosertrueMacOS,versionnumber20Web,AllowOtherPlatformstrueWeb,LinuxSupportedtrueWeb,SecurityPermissions,,,,,,,,MacOS,PreferredSize15000Windows,productversion11
OSX,copyright#2009  All rights reserved worldwideReferencedFilesDestinationReferenced FilesUNIX,fileSelectortrueOSX,identifiercom..originalsWindows,fileversion20Windows,buildU3falseMacOSXfalseWeb,WindowsSupportedtrueWindows,iconFile_/Applications/Revolution Media 4.0.0/Runtime/Windows/x86-32/Support/Sample Icons/genericapp.icodefaultBuildFolder?/Users/davidneale/Documents/LiveCode/StandAlone/Elvis OriginalsMacOS,versionnumber11OSX,shortVersion1.0.0.0Windows,fileversion40cursorsfalse
MacOSX x86-32trueWeb,DetectSecurityPermissionstrueWeb,MinEnvironmentVersion
MacOS,creator????Windows,LegalCopyright#2009  All rights reserved worldwideMacOS,documentTypeWindows,fileversion30Rcard id 1106	@Ķ«cREVGeneral
scripteditorvscrollscripteditorselection0cREVGeometryCacheIDs
I see there is an "inclusionssearch" at the start, so I'd guess that if the relevant code were removed, that would solve the problem. But to where must it be removed?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”