Outerglow of fields

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Outerglow of fields

Post by jacque » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

I should have titled it "A correct quiz answer". Everyone knows the universal correct answer is 42.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Hans-Helmut

Re: Outerglow of fields

Post by Hans-Helmut » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm

FULLY AGREED that also text should have this effect as it gives additional depth. I know that such effects should not be overdone though. But good to have.

Soooooo .... ) :oops:

Here I need something different.

Ideally we have full control of many more such details. There are a number of additional properties which I would very much like to be controlled in the field object to make life easy ))). I guess all graphics design people would love it.

Look at the properties of text boxes in UI design using Visual Studio with XAML, or just CSS3. Everything can be defined.

Anyway, here is what I achieved using a transparent text field, a hiliting rectangle and a glowing rectangle. Both additional controls are only called when the field is opened and its behavior is set to be a fully hilited text box. It is not just hiliting. There are three different visual states when the user is starting to edit the text field.

1. Field is not hilited
2. Field is fully hilited
3. Field border hilited (outer glow) but text editable without being hilited (or text is partially hilited when the text is selected.)

I am thinking of adding a mouse-over effect, or opening a field for editing only when the mouse is over it.
Field with outerglow.JPG
Field with outerglow.JPG (14.31 KiB) Viewed 1557 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”