Possible to build a Excel-like Table

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Klaus

Re: Possible to build a Excel-like Table

Post by Klaus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Hans-Helmut,
Hans-Helmut wrote:Klaus wrote:
put field "A1" + "A2" into fld "B1"
:D . Yes, of course, I know.

Code: Select all

put field "A1" + field "A2" into field "B3"
But you have to build such and other functions dynamically using a script, and not type it. So, you would end up with something like 'put "put field A1 + field A2" into tExecute' and then do "tExecute". Or am I missing something? Of course, if you would know that this is the only command then it would be easy since you could refer to the field names passing them as parameters. To allow for any possible variant would mean preparing all possible variants as functions referencing field names which are passed together with a function assignment parameter. :roll: ?
sure, so this was just a "suboptimal" example :D
I just wanted to point this out in case someone did not understand the context and your approach.

Best

Klaus

Lagi Pittas
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Lagi Pittas » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi Axwald

You are doing yourself a disservice by deleting it.

It's more of an honour system than a prerequisite look at the wording if the license
The RRP Grid may be used by one person on as many
computer systems that person uses. We expect that group
programming projects making use of the software will
purchase a license for each member of the group. In such
cases, volume discounts may apply to site licensing
agreements.
BY Customer I assume you mean YOU not your customer as you can compile as many as you want. Again the cost is minimal so if you want someone to compile on another machine buy a second but to be honest I don't think the Dogs are gonna be let loose on you - the fact that you even thought that way says that you want to do the right thing .

If you buy then a library for Delphi from component source IT 100 percent stipulates it's per user
Hydra Licensing

All licenses are per-user and include one year of free updates and support, from the day of purchase. Products never expire.
And thats for a library that costs £390 instead of the $49 I think RRPGrid costs.

The easiest way if you want to be honourable is that YOU the owner of the company can only compile the standalone on YOUR computers, but it does not stop anybody else using the library within the IDE.

It is made perfectly clear it will not work on community has/was tested upto version 7. I IMPLORE you to check it out and then come back and tell me I am wrong - it's that Good.

Scott is a great guy , his answers to me where smelling pecked, cogent and precise (a bit like Richard really). And there is other licensing available if you ask nicely.

To be honest LC should license this and use it as a stepping stone to the DG (we can dream can't we).

Regards Lagi

Disclaimer Scott Pays me $299 per license sold - I told you he was a good guy :wink:

Hans-Helmut

Post by Hans-Helmut » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Well, kindly enough from Scott, http://www.runrevplanet.com I received a reply based on my question about the availability of RRP Grid.

He wrote that he is currently finishing up on updating the spell checker to LiveCode 8.x and 9.x and will be re-launching this soon.

Then - when time allows - he will look up for RP Grid. The grid will only be targeting desktop platforms.

I indicated interest and I am also interested to see and check all other variants available before putting too much time into own development.

Hans-Helmut

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”