xcode and simulator versions

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

xcode and simulator versions

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:37 pm

I seem to be the queen of inconsistency problems. I have been testing with a mac OSX and a simulator...and it has been working fine. Today, I opened a livecode file on the mac and it wouldn't do the simulator. I found that the Preference settings for mobile support had been blanked out. So I reset it to xcode 7.2 - which I had been using earlier. When I did that, the button returned green.

I tested in the simulator, and it froze. So I closed everything - started again. Again...Xcode location was blank - so I put in xcode 7.2 Now it turned red - with a note that said the only thing that was acceptable was 6.1, 7.1, 8.2, 9.2 or 9.3. I don't have any of those - and 7.2 worked for the past several weeks -so I don't know why there is change.

When I look at xcode 7.2, everything looks fine.

I tested it in LiveCode 9 with the same thing. Then I come back to LiveCode 8.0 - and it has a note in the Mobile Support area - available device sdks9.2 available simulators 9.2 and the box is still red.

So why would this have suddenly stopped working?

cusingerBUSCw5N

Re: xcode and simulator versions

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Forgot to mention that I looked on the LiveCode site for the correct xcode https://livecode.com/support/ask-a-ques ... -livecode/

LiveCode 8.0.0 – Xcode 7.2 -Mac OS 10.10 – iOS 9.2
LiveCode 9.0 DP-1 – Xcode 7.2 -Mac OS 10.10 – iOS 9.2

So xcode 7.2 is the correct one to use

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”