Image files not diplaying

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Jamie37

Image files not diplaying

Post by Jamie37 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Hello,

I am having a problem with some images not displaying on my ipad when I test the app. They show up fine win livecode. All the images are imported as control images but only a few appear and the rest just do not appear. Most of them are used for buttons and these buttons just show up as boxes. I have tried everything suggested through the forum pages but nothing is working and its getting a bit frustrating.

Thanks
Jamie

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Image files not diplaying

Post by richmond62 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:25 pm

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "imported as control images": do you mean they are imported into your stack, or that they are referenced?

This makes quite a significant difference.

You may also like to consider that Livecode can handle JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP images;

I wonder whether iPad handles all those image formats and what format your original images
were?

Jamie37

Post by Jamie37 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:19 am

Thank you for your reply. I had originally imported them into my stack and they did not work, however after importing them again, they seemed to work so hopefully it will be working now.

Thanks
Jamie

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 am

If you import an image and then take a snapshot of it within LC, and then delete the original image,
you have a guarantee that it will display on every system LC deploys to.

import snapshot from img "myDaftPicture.bmp"

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”