Cant edit my menu

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jalz
Livecode Opensource Backer

Cant edit my menu

Post by jalz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Hey Guys,

I've got a strange one.I created a menu, applied scripts etc to it. It was on the mac platform and I quite liked that it was up on the toolbar.

I was experimenting a couple of weeks back with the menu and because of the PC build having menus on the stack I was deciding whether the menus on my app looked better/consistant on the stack.

I can't remember what I actually did but the menu appears on my stack, however when i go to the menu builder I am no longer able to edit it. It's as though there is no menu. The main thing I would like to do was to move the menu back to the toolbar and not have it on the stack. Anyone know how I can get my menu to work with the menubuilder again, becore I go through the pain of deleting all the menu objects and rebuilding them.

Many thanks

Jalz

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Cant edit my menu

Post by dunbarx » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi

The menu builder is sometimes, er, peculiar. But when you open it, does your menu appear in the list? Each menu is a group of buttons with certain properties set. Each should sppear in the builder.

Craig Newman.

jalz

Post by jalz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:02 am

Hi Craig

Apart from the menus appearing on my stack, I can view the buttons in the application list. However the menu builder isnt displaying anything. Wonder why the menu is not being recognised?

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:12 am

What do you get when you query the names of all the groups on the card?

Crag

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:57 pm

There is an Edit button just under the field where the menu name should appear. Click that and it will show you a list of available groups. Choose the menu group you want to edit.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

jalz

Post by jalz » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi Craig & Jacque,

Just wanted to thank you. Managed to reactivate the menu using Jacques, edit button. Still can't understand how I lost it though. Thank you

Jalz

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”