how to use the animated "standard icons"

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

dr_mumps

how to use the animated "standard icons"

Post by dr_mumps » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

I just can't seem to get the "animated" icons to remain "animated" after making such a selection provided in the "image chooser" from the "Colors & Patterns" Property Inspector. The other confusing thing about these images/icons/whatever are that their ID's seem to change depending on which stack I am using.

The ones I am referring to are, for example, the "candy cane" spiral icons showing a motion from left-to-right. They *will* fill the graphic but stop moving. Also, the selections in the image chooser *also* stop moving. I have to stop and shut down LC completely in order to get such icons "moving" again. Very frustrating! I thought that perhaps by generating a stand-alone version of the stack they may move.. but alas.. no.. at least not for me.

I'm using LC community 7.0.1 build 10023 but I've noticed this "issue" for many versions but haven't "needed" it until now. Although I am a long-time LC user (but at a fairly "narrow" level of usage), this seems like a "Beginner's" question. What somewhat surprised me is that I couldn't find any references to this behaviour anywhere on the forum... so either I was searching with the wrong key words or (worst yet), no one else is having this issue.

Whatever assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Doug

Klaus

Re: how to use the animated "standard icons"

Post by Klaus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi Doug,

1. welcome to the forum! :D

2. Confirmed with LC 7.1 RC2!
No idea why this is happening, I consoider it a bug.

You can use this workaround:
1. Go to the "Image library": Menu -> Development
2. Select the animated image you want to use in a button and click "Place image".
This will copy this image to your stack and now you can use its ID for any button you want.
Just tested and this way the animation does not stop!

Best

Klaus

dr_mumps

Post by dr_mumps » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:20 pm

thanks *so* much... helps to know I'm not (too) crazy! I'll use your suggestion. Should I submit it as a bug? ... if so... how.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Hi Doug,

report it here: http://quality.runrev.com

Best

Klaus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”