Trouble running Linux Standalone

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

makeshyft

Trouble running Linux Standalone

Post by makeshyft » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:02 am

Hi folks.

I have been working on my app for over 2 years, and the last time I build a linux standalone it seemed to work just fine...and that was 18 months ago. I remember having to right click and check the permissions...

I have just built a linux standalone and trying to run it on Ubuntu 14 32 bit live CD...and nothing happens when I right click and open..I have checked the permissions on the file...

I've never used linux..... so i don't know what could be wrong. I feel like I am jsut forgetting a step

its a 32 bit build....also no icon appears...just the standard diamond looking icon.

so i s there anything i have to do besides go to properties > permissions > allow to run as program?

my standalone builds work fine in windows and mac os x

Thanks,

Tom

PS> It is an uninstalled Live CD..... for some reason it does not want to install on the machine i am testing on. so I am trying the "Try Ubuntu" option instead of Install.....
Tom @
http://www.makeshyft.com
---------------------------------
Changing the Future, Today!

wsamples
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Trouble running Linux Standalone

Post by wsamples » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:38 am

You are probably missing dependencies. Try running it from a terminal to see if it returns a message complaining about things it can't find. You should also run ldd against it -- type "ldd path_to_standalone" into a terminal. Post your results here.

makeshyft

Re: Trouble running Linux Standalone

Post by makeshyft » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:35 pm

ok thanks..i think i'm going to attempt a full install and see if it works there. It should. Thanks for the reply.
Tom @
http://www.makeshyft.com
---------------------------------
Changing the Future, Today!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”