Message Box Problem

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

WaltBrown

Message Box Problem

Post by WaltBrown » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:56 am

This is probably stupidity on my part.

I have a stack with a substack. In the substack is a single line stack script for the openCard message :

Code: Select all

on openCard
put the name of this card into fld "fCardName" 
end openCard
so the name of the card is displayed (in the app I am changing the names of the cards dynamically). If I move through the cards of the substack it works fine. Field fCardName is part of a background group.

The issue is when I open the Message Box from the IDE Tools menu. As soon as the Message Box opens, my substack puts "card 'Single Line'" into the card name field of my substack, which is the name of the card of the Message Box stack. Why is the Message Box triggering the openCard handler in my substack and putting it's card name into my field?

Thanks, Walt

Win7x64 LC 7.0.3

Added note> If I put "openCard" in Message Box, the openCard handler in my substack is executed correctly.
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

WaltBrown

Re: [Never mind] Message Box Problem

Post by WaltBrown » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 am

After a few hours of trying to debug this, I rebuilt the same set of stacks with the same scripts, and the problem does not happen. I guess some days the IDE can wake up cranky?
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”