LiveCode and disconnected data applications?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Dominatio

LiveCode and disconnected data applications?

Post by Dominatio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi Folks

Just started reviewing LiveCode with an interest in developing Android and Windows Tablet apps that work with a disconnected database and later sync to a server.

I did not as yet see any tutorials that cover this aspect of app development so would appreciate any pointers that other forum members may be able to offer or links etc.

Many thanks.

WaltBrown

Re: LiveCode and disconnected data applications?

Post by WaltBrown » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Dominatio.

Search online for "asynchronous mirroring", "log shipping", "intermittent database update propagation" (there are probably more relevant key phrases). There are some good entries from IBM, MS, SQL, and others. I think it's more an application architecture issue than an LC coding issue.

Walt
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

Dominatio

Post by Dominatio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks for that feedback. I understand the technologies - we already handle syncing in other environments. I was specifically wondering if there were any tools built into LiveCode for this purpose, or perhaps any tutorials regarding syncing and LiveCode.

WaltBrown

Post by WaltBrown » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Ahh, OK. I've only seen basic "How to use LC with DBMS" kinds of information. Someone else may know more.
Walt
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”