Problems with tables, Unicode, and naming

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

WaltBrown

Problems with tables, Unicode, and naming

Post by WaltBrown » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Happy Holidays!

These may be pilot error, but I couldn't find any answers here or in the docs. This is in Community 7.0 (rc1) on Win7. I have a table of lines of tab delimited data, with many more lines than can be displayed. I have a script in that table that returns the data in the line clicked on. The table was initially filled by cutting and pasting from a tab delimited file created in Notepad++.

Issue 1:
If the last displayed row of the table is clicked on, it auto scrolls the table up one row. But when it does that, it returns empty rather than the row contents. I can then click it again and it returns the row contents. Is this a known bug? The autoscroll function of the last displayed line appears to intercept the mouse click and not pass it on to the object script I created.

Issue 2:
The "locked" property of the table field is greyed out. Even though it appears selected in the Property Inspector, the cell clicked on becomes editable. I am unable to set it via the Property Inspector or via script.

Issue 3:
Unicode - the native text for Burmese (my) and Tagalog (tl) does not display.

Issue 4:
If I try to save a stack by another name, without changing it's name in the Property Inspector, I get the "A stack with the same name as the one you are trying to load" error dialog. If the stack is currently open, it appears to be repeatedly trying to open, LC becomes unresponsive, then finally dies. If I have closed the original stack first without removing it from memory, then try to open the one with only the file name changed, I get the same error, but LC remains responsive. Yes, this could be my problem, by not understanding, but I also consider it a bug, as I may WANT to have two versions of the same stack differentiated only by file name while debugging.

Issue 5: The following languages throw errors in the codepointToNum function (even though the actual Unicode representation does transfer successfully) - as, bn, bh, dv, dz, gu, ha, hi, kn, ks, km, ml, mr, mh, no, or, pa, pi, sa, sd, si, ta, te, bo, tl, yi. Note that binaryDecode (used in the bShowNativeHex button) functions correctly. In "as" for example the error is thrown at the third char, while "bn" gets thrown on the first char.

The attached stack displays all these issues (at least on my system :-)

Pilot errors or bugs?
Thanks, Walt

Oops, changed the downloaded file.
Attachments
idUnicodeTest2.zip
(14.74 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

WaltBrown

Re: Problems with tables, Unicode, and naming

Post by WaltBrown » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Slightly updated version of the stack. Added a checkbox that turns off the dialog box so Issue 2 is more apparent.
Walt
Attachments
idUnicodeTester3.zip
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

WaltBrown

Post by WaltBrown » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Addendum to issue 1. I added a line in the field mouseUp routing to set the vScroll of the output field to the same as the languages field, as in:

Code: Select all

set the vScroll of fld "fOutput" to the vScroll of me
This line causes the clicked on field to scroll slightly and also causes the mouseUp routine to return all empty, so it appears that any programmatic change of the scroll of the field affects what is returned internally in the mouseUp routine.
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 pm

If you want to display Burmese script in LiveCode using Unicode
you have to make sure that the font you are using is not in the Zawgyi format . . .

Finding a Burmese font that is Unicode compliant seems very difficult indeed . . .

But the slightly misleadingly named Zawgyi-One.ttf is Unicode complaint: https://www.rfa.org/burmese/help/ZawgyiOne.ttf
-
mekong.png
Attachments
mekong.livecode.zip
Here's the stack.
(937 Bytes) Downloaded 150 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”