Data Grid Form Examples & Beginner Lab Tutorial

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

TerryL

Data Grid Form Examples & Beginner Lab Tutorial

Post by TerryL » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 pm

~ Data Grid Forms is a stack of eight dg forms demonstrating some useful techniques.

DG1: Expand/contract all rows, save/retrieve checkbox selections to text file, search rows.
DG2: Transfer dg to field and field to dg.
DG3: Populate with subset of data.
DG4: Extract data with dgText[true], expand/contract one row with checkbox.
DG5: Graphic line, hilite and background color, text color/style, search rows with dgText[true].
DG6: Graphic lines, image as button icon, no LayoutControl handler.
DG7: User input, user edit text, wrap text, sum column of numbers.
DG8: Identify checkbox selections, wrap line 2 of row, text color, populate with dgText[true]

~ And the newest version of Beginner Lab, a LiveCode tutorial containing 31 lessons with examples and step-by-step instructions. (Updated many topics, added Table Of Contents, Cross-Platform Fonts, Data Grid Form, Dialogs, Pull-Down Menu.)

Program A Button & Field; Message Hierarchy; Message Box, Dictionary & User Guide; Commands, Functions, & Properties; Containers; Menu Buttons & List Fields; Repeat; Geometry Manager; Math; Test Input; Date & Time; Grouped Buttons & Fields; Sort Cards, Lines, & Items; Print Cards, Fields, & Text; Find Text; Styled Text; Cross-Platform Fonts; Speech; Files & Folders; Icons, Images, & Graphics; Data Grid Table; Data Grid Form; Array; Palette, Modeless & Modal Dialogs; Button Ideas; Field Ideas; Reference; Build A Pull-Down Menu Stack; Build A Rolodex Stack; Build A Four Card Stack.

Download both stacks, Data Grid Forms & Beginner Lab tutorial in Starter Kit, a collection of entry-level stacks.

Or download the stack Data Grid Forms below.

If I could offer two data grid tips:
1) Don't even think about dragging a data grid from the tools palette without the LiveCode Data Grid pdf.
http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/datagrid/pdf
2) Don't paste a data grid. Drag a new one from the tools palette and paste Row Template Group objects and Row Behavior Script handlers from the dg you want to copy.
Attachments
DGForms.zip
(57.82 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
Beginner Lab (LiveCode tutorial) and StarterKit (my public stacks)
https://tlittle72.neocities.org/info.html

Martin Koob
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Data Grid Form Examples & Beginner Lab Tutorial

Post by Martin Koob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am

Hi TerryL

I was puzzling about how to create a data grid that would adjust row height based on the formatted height and in my searching found this post and the stack from you. This is an amazing stack. Can't believe I have never seen it before. Giving it a bump to the top of the list so others can find it and try it out.

Thanks for making this and putting it out to the community

Martin

bangkok

Re: Data Grid Form Examples & Beginner Lab Tutorial

Post by bangkok » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:31 pm

You might find some good ideas there :

DG_EXAMPLES_1_5.zip

download/file.php?id=5272&sid=6f35df56a ... 28609dbab3

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”