option dropdown and mobile devices

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

option dropdown and mobile devices

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 am

I was ALMOST so excited.

I discovered the dropdown button! I almost love it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on a mobile device. Which makes it rather useless.

Am I missing something? I looked around on the Internet and couldn't find any reference to the fact that they don't work - or do work on mobile devices. I'm testing mine on an Android. I can tap it - and nothing happens.
:roll:

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: option dropdown and mobile devices

Post by Simon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 am

Here it's been discussed:
http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... ption+menu

In that post they suggest using hide/show but that doesn't hold much of a "cool" factor. I've used a grp of buttons then moved them up and down (err if the main button is at the top/bottm of the screen). Well I guess even if the btn was in the middle of the screen I'd just draw a rect to cover it.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

jacque

Re: option dropdown and mobile devices

Post by jacque » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

On mobile, option buttons are typically replaced with the mobilePick command, which puts up a native picker according to platform specs. Mobile devices don't use desktop-style option buttons.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”