printing a card from a mobile app

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

tyarmsteadBUSuSfT

printing a card from a mobile app

Post by tyarmsteadBUSuSfT » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:01 pm

It looks like from the dictionary that the print options are form desktop, web and server. Is there an plug-in that would allow me to print a card from within a mobile app?
thank you
Ty

Colin Holgate
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: printing a card from a mobile app

Post by Colin Holgate » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:51 pm

Although I can't find the exact info page for this, if you read Monte's post (search for "print" in the mergext site) you'll see that his add-on for iOS 6 can now bring up the standard system sharing layer. That means you can print to AirPrint compatible printers.

This does mean only iOS, and only iOS 6 or later, but that's still the majority of iOS users.

tyarmsteadBUSuSfT

Post by tyarmsteadBUSuSfT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:53 am

Colin:
does this mean:
mergDoc is an iOS external that adds functions and commands related to document interaction. This currently includes presenting a modal preview, open in app menu, document options menu and requesting the document icons in PNG form. Printing is also available via the preview.

Does Merge Doc allow me to print form the app. I don't understand "printing is also available via the preview" print to AirPrint compatible printers?

Colin Holgate

Post by Colin Holgate » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm

No, MergDoc looks quite fancy, but I meant MergSocial. The info page doesn't show you that printing is one of the options in iOS 6, but it is mentioned elsewhere as being a feature of the sharing dialog. So, try MergSocial and when you see the list of options for sharing to FaceBook and Twitter, etc, there should be a Print option too, along with several other sharing possibilities.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”