Code protection for finished apps

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

waprothero

Code protection for finished apps

Post by waprothero » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm wondering what kind of protection there is for content and scripts created in LiveCode. I'm a complete newbie and before I invest a lot, I need to know whether the resources I create will have reasonable protections for my investment.
Bill Prothero

gpb01
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Code protection for finished apps

Post by gpb01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi,
LiveCode is, fortunately (or unfortunately), not a widespread language and, at moment, there are not "decompilers".

All the code and the scripts are compiled in a "byte-code" like structure and, to add security, you can also encrypt your scripts, so ...
... AFAYK ... it's reasonably safe :)

Guglielmo

P.S. : If you like, open, with a "binary editor", a livecode stack and try to read what is inside ... ;)

doc

Post by doc » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Also...
...for basic registration protection for your apps, Jacque's Zygodact product is not only affordable, but quite effective and easy to use:

http://runrev.com/store/product/zygodact-1-0-4/

Nothing is 100% safe in the world we operate in, but Zygodact keeps the honest folks honest. :)

-Doc-

gpb01

Post by gpb01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 pm

doc wrote:Also...
...for basic registration protection for your apps, Jacque's Zygodact product is not only affordable, but quite effective and easy to use:
Very good suggestion (... I also use Zygodact) ... more detailed info here : http://hyperactivesw.com/solutions_zygodact.html ;)

Guglielmo

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”