Visual effects failing - how to troubleshoot

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

Visual effects failing - how to troubleshoot

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I've been happily creating my app and suddenly the visual effect transitioning from card to card is failing.

My backup works - the cards transition nicely, but then if I do ANYTHING to the home page card, the transitions for all the cards
fail. It does reach the card, but the visual effect "push right fast" fails

I don't know how to troubleshoot it. I'm thinking that there may be conflicts with groups on that card (since I was trying to figure out groups) - but I don't know how to get rid of the unused groups without the whole thing getting messed up.

Even if I remove all the script from the home page card, the visual effect transition still fails...so the problem isn't in the script.

I really don't want to start the whole application over from scratch.

Any ideas???

Klaus

Re: Visual effects failing - how to troubleshoot

Post by Klaus » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:59 am

Hi,
cusingerBUSCw5N wrote:I'm thinking that there may be conflicts with groups on that card (since I was trying to figure out groups) - but I don't know how to get rid of the unused groups without the whole thing getting messed up.
you could:
a. delete the group(s) or
b. REMOVE them form the card(s) where you do not need them:
select the group: Menu: Object -> Remove group
cusingerBUSCw5N wrote:Any ideas???
Yes, show us your script(s), we are not good at guessing!

Best

Klaus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”