Livecode 9.0.1 Community for Windows IDE stuttering

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, kevinmiller

fredjoans

Livecode 9.0.1 Community for Windows IDE stuttering

Post by fredjoans » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello,

Is anybody else having this issue? This was just released on 9/12. The IDE is impossible to use for the Community edition for Windows version of 9.0.1. It is super slow and typing creates stuttering of most characters.

golife

Re: Livecode 9.0.1 Community for Windows IDE stuttering

Post by golife » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 pm

I have this issue with the script editor since quite some time in Windows 10, and i will not move to Apple computers. I suggest turning OFF everything that has to do with autocomplete, etc. Sometimes, I use a separate text editor instead and then paste the code into the IDE editor. Keep all at bare minimum. I also read that it is better to close the message box and other IDE windows that are not absolutely necessary. I hope, someone will attend to Windows versions and improve speed in general. My users all use Windows and nothing else.

AndyP

Re: Livecode 9.0.1 Community for Windows IDE stuttering

Post by AndyP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 pm

This appears to be a problem with messages hanging around too long

try this in a button...for me on my Win 10 machine this helps to reset the speed for a while.

repeat until the pendingMessages is empty
cancel item 1 of line 1 of the pendingMessages
end repeat
Andy Piddock

http://2108.co.uk/tinyide/ - TinyIDE gives you more space to develop your ideas

http://2108.co.uk/script-editor-themer/ Script Editor Themer - Your code has never looked so good

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”