Infinite Loop in LiveCode U?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, asayd

DanShafer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Infinite Loop in LiveCode U?

Post by DanShafer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 am

Running LC 7.1 on OS X 10.10.5. I bring up the Start Center because I'm putting together a basic getting-started presentation for some elementary school teachers. Click on LiveCode University. I get taken to the start page and click the "Get Started" button, which takes me to the Download login page. I'm already logged in but there's no way to get to the University's main page from here.The only choices are to download as a new user or as an established LiveCoder.

So how should I access LCU in this case?

zaxos

Re: Infinite Loop in LiveCode U?

Post by zaxos » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Try a different web browser.
Knowledge is meant to be shared.

DanShafer

Post by DanShafer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:01 am

Not sure why you thought switching browsers would help. The problem isn't with the browser; it's with the LC site. But I did switch from Safari to Chrome. Same exact outcome.

Going to univeresity.livecode.com produces the same exact page as livecode.com. There appears to be no university.livecode.com link that takes one to a different page. I suspect the link to the university page is an artifact of old verions, but the Start Center is a particularly difficult place for this kind of mistake because it's the first place a lot of newcomers discover and try to use as a launch point.

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by heatherlaine » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Apologies, we'll get that link in the Start Center corrected. It should go here:

https://livecode.com/products/learn/liv ... niversity/

If you already own LCU and want to download/register it, you'll find the registration details in the "old products" tab of your LiveCode account:

http://livecode.com/account/products/products-old

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Heather

DanShafer

Post by DanShafer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:10 am

Heather,

I guess I forgot that LCU was a separate product. Given that's the case, it seems like it shouldn't appear in the default Start Center unless the user has purchased it. Though I guess it could be viewed as a way of marketing it.

In any case, I apparently never ordered it and I don't see a way to access it, so I'll just move on with other approaches to sharing this entry point with the folks I'm working with.

Thanks,
Dan

Return to “LiveCode University”