with tail between my legs and delicious humble pie....

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, asayd

chris25

with tail between my legs and delicious humble pie....

Post by chris25 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Hallo, personal motivation and a belief in Livecode's possibilities over-ruled any frustrations that I had. Along with some excellent guidance from Simon and the kindness of a few members on this forum I returned. After a thorough purge of all livecodes products, I downloaded an older version of livecode and decided not to install the LC University, it became clear that the LCU itself was hanging my apple for some reason and that last crash really scared me; and the project browser seemed a bit 'nervous' at times, it's hard to tell whether it was the 6.1.2 version update (despite it being stable) having any influence on the constant crashes. It became clear after a little while that too much was being left in memory after opening so many stacks over a period of hours.

Thankyou Fouthworld for that copy command and your help - (I believe you have a name also? Richard) .

BN that code was a real blessing, I also learned from this what the message box is used for despite having read about it on a number of occasions and still not understanding the message box, seeing it in action just made it so simple and pure genius.

Shawnbic thanks also for all your help and kind comment.

Hope I have not left anyone out.

Now it's back to work.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: with tail between my legs and delicious humble pie....

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 pm

chris25 wrote:Thankyou Fouthworld for that copy command and your help - (I believe you have a name also? Richard) .
Yes, included n my sigline with every post.

Happy to help - LiveCode is such an unusual beast a community like this is invaluable. I don't know where I'd be without it.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “LiveCode University”