Button arrows disappear after copy

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, asayd

chris25

Button arrows disappear after copy

Post by chris25 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 pm

Screen shot 2013-10-18 at 15.06.09.png

I copied using drop down menu (not command V) some arrows from another stack. As you can see I have selected the arrows which are in a group - I worked the arrows then closed the other stack. Now they are still there (I think, but not visible), can't work out how to correct this. Yes I know I could do them again myself, but I won't learn anything if I do not know How exactly this happening.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Button arrows disappear after copy

Post by Simon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Chris,
When you copied the button (note not arrows) I believe you did not copy the arrow images.
Just like in html there is a link made between the images and the buttons, no images (in the new stack) no (arrow) icon.

Now when you do add the arrow images you probably will have to re-link them to the buttons as the image ID's of the arrows may have changed.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

chris25

Re: Button arrows disappear after copy

Post by chris25 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Aah - enlightenment has dawned - in other words I need to pay more attention and look under the hood for hidden things and check Id's and scripts basically, thinking too much like photoshop again, "there is more to copy than meets the eye" :) Thankyou. By the way your tip about the project browser is actually really helping me to understand even more quickly. I use the project browser to see how things are coming together in example stacks and scripts etc, it really helps me to visualize the concepts in action - it really clears things up and tidies them into well organized neuro-compartments. ( a new medical term)

Return to “LiveCode University”