Robot module

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, asayd

wsamples
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Robot module

Post by wsamples » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:48 am

The non-resizable, non-scrolling window doesn't work so well in my laptop. The bottom row of tiles is not on the screen. This really requires a fix. There's another gem down there somewhere but I can't see it on the laptop.

asayd
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Robot module

Post by asayd » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi wsamples,

Thanks for the report. Here at BYU we always used the program on 20 inch monitors, but now that it's being run on lots of screen sizes I have noticed this problem, too. I am working on a fix that will allow scrolling on smaller screens, but that is proving tricky. I'll redouble my efforts and try to post a content update soon.

Regards,

Devin
Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University
https://livecode.com/store/education/

asayd

Post by asayd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:05 am

I've posted an updated Robot programming activity to the master database. This one allows you to scroll the screen in the case of smaller monitors where the window size is decreased, and to resize the window. If you have the licensed version all you need to do to get the update is to choose Help menu > Check for Content Updates, and the new version will be downloaded to your local datastore.

If you have are still in the trial version it will be a few hours yet. As soon as I get into work tomorrow morning (U.S. Mountain Time) I'll make a new build, v. 1.1.6, which will include the new robot module in the original download. It will take RunRev a bit of time (an hour or two I think) to update their download with the new version. Then trial users who want to try this new version of the module will need to download the trial from university.livecode.com. After that launch the new version of LCU and choose Help menu > Reset LiveCode University. That will replace your local datastore with the fresh one from the download. (Unfortunately it will also wipe out your user progress data. I'm working on a better way to refresh the content in the trial version.)

One caveat with the new, scrollable version of the robot module: It you try to scroll while the program is running it may cause unpredictable results, because of the way the robot position is updated during the program run. As I got into the code I realized that it would require a major rewrite of the code parser to enable live scrolling during program run, so I opted for a faster fix so folks could at least scroll around the whole grid while writing the code.

As always, I'm interested in hearing about any problems or comments.

Best,

Devin
Devin Asay

asayd

Post by asayd » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

LiveCode University v. 1.1.6 has been sent to RunRev and should shortly be posted to the download page at university.livecode.com.
Devin Asay

Return to “LiveCode University”