Win7 (32), LC v6.6.2stable, no delete account, no change password, no upload, yes download.
Thanks Richard for trying to help solve this long-standing problem with revOnline. RunRev is aware, but they've been "looking into it" for years. Then the web version appeared with no upload capability. They're focused elsewhere.
Is RevOnline Worth Fixing?
1) If RunRev intends to deprecate the revOnline stack and go with the web version only, is it a waste of time to try to fix revOnline?
2) If RunRev won't add upload to the web version, would they allow anyone else to do it?
3) RunRev can upload to revOnline. I suggest requesting someone at RunRev volunteer to upload emailed stacks until they fix. If declined, request a forum volunteer to upload submitted stacks on the volunteer's account (compressed folder with: stack, screenshot, text file with stack name, author, description, tags). This solves the problem on the short-term and everyone's happy.
If RevOnline Is Fixable, How To Apply Fix?
1)) If someone outside RunRev can find the problem with revOnline, is it just a matter of clicking a button in a FixIt stack to modify revOnline's code for the current LiveCode session?
What Are The Problems?
1) Existing accounts can't be deleted. A dialog indicates "There was an error deleting your account: cgierror,database_error". Server problem?
2) New accounts can't be created. The request appears to complete, but no email with new acct password ever appears. Server problem?
3) No stack upload for most people, but some CAN upload. This is too important a clue! It isn't a platform, OS, or LC version problem.
a) Is it WHEN they signed up for an account? Unknown. It seems those who CAN upload signed up many years ago. Is this another clue? Has anyone signed up recently that CAN upload? Can't test it because of problem #2.
b) Is it HOW they signed up for an account? Unknown.
When I first signed up for an account, and received my password by email, I logged on successfully and I think I was presented with a dialog to enter first and last name, email address...the account information. I elected NOT to enter anything, and went straight to the upload button. I input all required, the bottom right progress bar chugged away indicating uploading. But nothing was sent. Subsequent upload attempts are rejected, something like "This stack has already been uploaded." Now when I click "My Account" btn, the lower right progress bar shows "Retrieving user details..." then always hangs.
I remembered that the User Manual had a section about revOnline, and one paragraph caught my attention, p29-30:
"Upon logging in and viewing your profile for the first time you will be presented with your profile view in edit mode where you have the opportunity to enter information about into the highlighted fields and change your profile picture using the change profile picture control as shown below...
When you have finished editing your profile you can hit the “save changes” button to submit your information, A MINIMUM OF A FIRST AND LAST NAME MUST BE ENTERED BEFORE YOU CAN SAVE. You can also choose to display your email or not and change your password to one of your choosing
using the “Change password” control. You can reach this profile at any time by clicking on the “My Account” control in the login controls which will both display your profile and display all your uploads in the search list. To exit this view simply remove the user filter or hit the “My Account” control again."
Since I never entered my first or last name in the account area, am I blocked from uploading? When I click the "My Account" btn, the first and last name labels and fields are missing as well as the "save changes" button. Using msg box I've forced them to visible, entered account info, clicked the "save changes" btn...nothing happens. The revOnline's stack script is very complex and beyond my skill-set to tinker.
I've sent a screenshot of revOnline, "my account" view to RunRev, their response was to delete the account (can't delete) or sign up for a new account (must use different email address, never receive email with new password). Did everyone who can upload fill in their first and last names, and everyone who cannot upload skip that step like me? Richard, I'll email my account password so you can log in and see for yourself if that would help. Terry
Beginner Lab (LiveCode tutorial) and StarterKit (my public stacks)