the Application Browser

This forum is a working group for community contributors to the LiveCode IDE included in the main LiveCode distribution.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

the Application Browser

Post by mwieder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:48 am

I'm not sure how to link a different thread in here, so I'll just post a url. Richmond Mathewson has posted a little patching stack that returns color to the Application Browser. I don't know why the icons were changed for LC 6 (my guess is licensing issues), but I think color makes a big difference here.

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15388

FourthWorld

Re: the Application Browser

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 am

I could never use the App Browser, and stuck with one of my own custom tools until the Project Browser. The new tool is so much more useful, I'd be surprised if the App Browser wasn't scheduled for deprecation - isn't it? Why keep both?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:44 am

Good question. I like Pete Howarth's lcStackBrowser as well. And Mats Wilstrans's rIDE has stack browsing built in.

Thierry

Post by Thierry » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 am

mwieder wrote:Good question. I like Pete Howarth's lcStackBrowser as well.
+1
!
SUNNY-TDZ.COM doesn't belong to me since 2021.
To contact me, use the Private messages. Merci.
!

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 pm

I rather like the App Browser and so far I'm still using it. The project browser doesn't seem to remember that I don't want to see all those thumbnails, and its indenting is not propertly arranged so I can't tell at a glance what is owned by what. Maybe when I get used to it I'll use it more, but for now it mostly just sits there and I keep the app browser open for real work. I find the project browser too cluttered and hard to read. And I hate the color.

In a previous pre-release we were able to change the IDE colors but that seems to have gone away.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

phaworth

Post by phaworth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:47 pm

jacque wrote:I rather like the App Browser and so far I'm still using it. The project browser doesn't seem to remember that I don't want to see all those thumbnails, and its indenting is not propertly arranged so I can't tell at a glance what is owned by what. Maybe when I get used to it I'll use it more, but for now it mostly just sits there and I keep the app browser open for real work. I find the project browser too cluttered and hard to read. And I hate the color.

In a previous pre-release we were able to change the IDE colors but that seems to have gone away.
Pretty much my thoughts - it's just not very readable in its current form. Not that I'm biased or anything :-) I'll also mention that the next release of lcStackBrowser (fairly imminent) will have property inspection and editing functionality, 90% of which will be without the need to open a separate palette.

Pete

Return to “IDE Contributors”