This forum is a working group for community contributors to the LiveCode IDE included in the main LiveCode distribution.
Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller
I love having an interactive mode around so I can test things on the fly.
But the message box pulls all kinds of tricks to do its magic. I'm kind of impressed that it works at all.
So I'd like to propose that the message box:
1. Remove or minimize its dependencies on other IDE stacks
2. Present a well-defined API so that other stacks that need to interact with the message box can do so without needing to know the message box internals.
This would include a probable refactor of the put statement and some special-purpose code I had to put into the debugger.
And I'd like to see engine support for the message box where the tricky code can't be eliminated at script level.
- VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
- Posts: 2515
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:36 am
- Location: Berkeley, CA, US
Return to IDE Contributors
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest