Just started looking at LiveCode and question about building

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

burtbick

Just started looking at LiveCode and question about building

Post by burtbick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi,

Running Linux Mint 17.1 64bit

Cloned the latest using git. I've resolved most of the build issues but I haven't had any luck with this one.

Config appears to have no errors. gyp is installed

../../engine/src/lnxdcs.cpp:56:31: fatal error: X11/extensions/Xv.h: No such file or directory #include <X11/extensions/Xv.h>

I appear to have the required versions, or newer installed of the dependencies. Including the dev packages.

I didn't locate anything specific on a search of the forums so I thought I would ask to see what I might still be missing.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks,
Burt

burtbick

Re: Just started looking at LiveCode and question about buil

Post by burtbick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:13 pm

OK, looks like there are at least a couple of dependencies that were not detailed in the build instructions. So I've been tracking them down.

I think once I find them all it should actually build. Complicating the issue is that for some reason the Mint repositories seem to be pretty slow so it is taking a long time to install and then I need to rebuild to see what is next on the missing list.

EDIT: I found another page with some more complete list of dependencies so I was finally able to get the build to complete. Now working though the interactive tutorial. At the moment hung up on how to move though the icon picker to find the cog icon. It moved though a page at a time if I selected an icon on the current page but I haven't figured out how to actually navigate it just yet. So off to dig that information up.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi burtbick,

Is there a vertical scrollbar on the icon picker window? I can see one on Ubuntu 16.04.

Best,
Panos
--

PS: Could you share the complete list of the required dependencies, so as we update the build instructions?

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:17 pm

Burt-

I build on Mint 17 64-bit, so give a shout if you run into problems.
I did have a previous problem with multiple gyp installations, but that got resolved successfully.

make -k # will build from the repo
make check # will run the test suite

Return to “Engine Contributors”