Fields Do Not Scroll As You Type

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

SirWobbyTheFirst
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Fields Do Not Scroll As You Type

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Hey everyone, I've got another problem I've noticed that is really annoying, whether I'm typing in the Message Box or in the Script Editor, I've noticed that the field will not shift along as the text is typed, basically once the text reaches the edge of the field, I can keep on typing but the field won't move as the next is typed, additionally any scrollbars in the Script Editor will not update to say that the text has spilt over and the only way to get it to realize what has happened is to resize the window, only then does the scrollbar correct itself and I can then scroll to the edge of the field but as soon as I type and it reaches the edge I have to rinse and repeat the procedure to get it to update however this does not work in the Message Box.

This problem only happens when typing horizontally, if I create multiple lines, the field updates itself automatically and I'm not entirely sure if this is an engine issue or an IDE issue, but it seems the IDE sub-forum is as dead as a dodo these days. So if anyone else has had this problem and would be able to chime in with some advice, I would really appreciate it as this is definitely one of those things that is irking me the wrong way.

As normal: Windows 8 x64, LiveCode 6.6 and 6.5, standard IDE.

dunbarx

Re: Fields Do Not Scroll As You Type

Post by dunbarx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:26 am

Verified here.

This is really annoying, and been that way forever. I just did not realize how crappy it was until you mentioned it. Thank heaven it does not do this in ordinary H-scroll fitted fields.

Might this be a bug report rather than a feature?

Craig Newman

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Agreed. I think this is something that doesn't need fixing at an engine level, but rather in the messagebox and script editor stacks.

SirWobbyTheFirst

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Okie doke, can it posted in the QCC or is that only for bugs in the engine? I'll post it there once if so.

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Yeah, definitely file it in the QCC and specify that it affects both the messagebox and the script editor.

SirWobbyTheFirst

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Alright gents, I have submitted the bug to the QCC if you would like to view it, the link is below, feel free to contribute any additional comments on it if you want as well as any edits if my Engrish has gone downhill again. :D

http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12088

Return to “Engine Contributors”