SQLite Problems

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

SirWobbyTheFirst
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

SQLite Problems

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey guys and girls, I was wondering if anyone else was having problems opening an SQLite database in LiveCode 6.5 and 6.5.2 as I took up FourthWorld's advice and tried to look into using SQLite databases and whenever I try and use them I get an error returned, the following code:

Code: Select all

Put revOpenDatabase("SQLite", "X:/Nix XQLite FIle System/Test Volume.xqfs")
Turns up the error "revdberr, syntax error" and this occurs regardless of whether I put the file path into a variable and pass the variable in the function call, use .sqlite as the file extension or use a relative file path and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if a developer could chime in as to whether the SQLite library has been changed or whether I've gotten the syntax wrong as that is the correct syntax to use according to the Dictionary and the SQLite lesson on RRs website.

Erm, conditions for setup are Windows 8 (NT 6.2), a 64-bit processor, 12GB RAM, LiveCode 6.5 and 6.5.2 and simply typing the code into the Message Box of each version. Some of the info may be redundant but I want to make sure it isn't a platform specific error.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: SQLite Problems

Post by LCMark » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm

@mickpitkin92: The pre 6.6 version of revOpenDatabase() was very picky about number of arguments... Try:

Code: Select all

Put revOpenDatabase("SQLite", "X:/Nix XQLite FIle System/Test Volume.xqfs" , , , )
In 6.6 this isn't necessary, the SQLite form of the revOpenDatabase() function requires only two parameters at minimum.

SirWobbyTheFirst

Re: SQLite Problems

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Delightful, thank you very much Mr Mark. I shall try my luck using extra parameters instead, thanks for help dude.

Return to “Engine Contributors”