libcurl

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

libcurl

Post by mwieder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

The prebuilt/lib directory has libcurl_a.lib and the prebuilt/lib/linux-386 and -x86_64 directories have libcurl.a, but the thirdparty/libcurl directory doesn't contain source files, just headers in an include subdirectory.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: libcurl

Post by LCMark » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 pm

@mwieder: Indeed - the 'prebuilts' are things that are compiled and do not change. We don't include the source as the source isn't modified to build - there are scripts (which do need cleaning up - admittedly!) to build the the ssl prebuilts. These can be found in thirdparty/libopenssl.

The scripts for building libcurl seem to have disappeared - I'll see if I can find what has happened to them.

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Yeah, I found the openssl scripts, but libcurl had me stumped unless I download the files from github. This came about as a result of the attempt to compile a ppc build of the engine, and I suggested to Richmond that if he deleted or moved the prebuilt/lib directory, the contents would be rebuilt. Then I tried it myself on my normal Intel build machine and found that it ain't the case.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Indeed - it isn't the case... Yet... We'll be working this week on cleaning up the prebuilts situation - in particular removing the need for the submodule and instead having scripts that run to either download prebuilt versions (from our servers) or to download and build from source. We can then hook these in to the Makefiles and such as appropriate to make things easier for both people building for existing supported platforms, and for exploring porting to other platforms/architectures (oh, and we get rid of a submodule too - yay!).

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:50 pm

Ooooooo... that's exciting news!

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Paging Mr. Waddingham, in case there is some work that might be pushed forward on this front.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 am

@mwieder: Sorry, I've been off sick for a wee while - back now. @runrevfraser implemented the scripts for this initially against 7.0 - I need to checkin to see how works going to apply them to 'develop' also. Will update you after that :)

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Cool. Thanks for the update. And glad you're back in action.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:03 am

@mwieder: I caught up with @runrevfraser yesterday. The changes to prebuilts have been done against 7.0, Fraser is working on backporting against master for the next (6.6.2) maintenance release - this should make it really easy to update to the latest OpenSSL 1.0.1g libraries (given the security advisory that was issued today). Will keep you posted.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:09 pm

@mwieder: Okay so its going to take a bit more time for us to backport the 7.0 prebuilts changes into 6.x... Given that, we'll update the prebuilts to the latest version of OpenSSL for 6.6.2 using the current mechanism. Hopefully we'll have time to get the 'new' prebuilts system working in 6.7.

Return to “Engine Contributors”