lclink.sh

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

monte
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

lclink.sh

Post by monte » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm resolving an issue with weak linking in my new builds of my externals for iOS 7. I'm using the latest lclink.sh with the changes I made for weak linking and linking depending on version number. Had forgotten to change my .ios files. But I noticed this and wondered if it's still necessary:

Code: Select all

# At the moment, lcidlc still includes things that need objective-c, even if 'objc-objects' is not
    # used - thus we force linking to Foundation, dittor for UIKit
    DEPS="$DEPS -framework Foundation -framework UIKit"
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: lclink.sh

Post by LCMark » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am

As I recall the rationale was that some of the glue code in support.mm required both these libraries thus putting them in means the user didn't have to provide a .ios file for simple externals. I guess everything is ifdef'd appropriately now so we could potentially get away without it... Is it causing a problem?

monte

Re: lclink.sh

Post by monte » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:32 am

No... but I was messing with lclink.sh quite a bit today trying to get some of my earlier changes that clearly I hadn't tested very well to work. I'll send you a new pull request with my latest. If you remember I had some changes for only linking against frameworks if building against certain sdks and above: framework-6.0 etc. It was working for the build but not for the deps section. I ended up having to create a temporary file to use for the deps section then delete it at the end of the script.
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

Return to “Engine Contributors”