6.1 Delete Stack Comment Not Working

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

SirWobbyTheFirst
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

6.1 Delete Stack Comment Not Working

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey guys, I've been sat here wondering why a stack I'm working on outright refuses to be unloaded from the memory if I right click and close and remove from memory and after a bit of Message Box black magic, I have found the following to be getting flared up by the engine whenever a Delete Stack command is issued for any stack in the memory.

Code: Select all

Script compile error:
Error description: request: no 'type' expression
I noticed this happening in 6.0 and the RC and Beta variants however 5.5 and earlier do not exhibit such errors. Care to shed any light on the situation.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: 6.1 Delete Stack Comment Not Working

Post by LCMark » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:30 am

@mickpitkin92: Without more details it's hard to say what might be going on here. If you file a bug with the stack causing the problem attached in the quality center, we can take a look and see what's going on.

SirWobbyTheFirst

Re: 6.1 Delete Stack Comment Not Working

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:17 pm

That's the thing though Mark, this happens regardless of which stack I use, it could be a stack I've just created, one I've been working on for a while or even one of the built in LiveCode stacks, Close and Remove From Memory does not respond, but does not error out and trying Delete Stack <StackName> in the message box produces that error.

I'll file one in the QA center though just in case, I thought it might be worth posting here seeing as you frequent this section of the forums a lot.

Return to “Engine Contributors”