Xvlib.h

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, LCMark

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Xvlib.h

Post by mwieder » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Compiling on Fedora I'm getting a "file not found error" for Xvlib.h. Looks like that's an old file that hasn't been touched in a couple of decades. I don't think just substituting Xv.h is going to do the trick. Should I go ahead and load it from here?

http://opensource.apple.com/source/X11l ... ns/Xvlib.h

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Xvlib.h

Post by LCMark » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:48 pm

Try looking for a package libXv-devel - this should install the necessary headers. You might find some other header files that aren't installed, if you do, post them here and we can update the 'headers/linux' section of thirdparty appropriately so that it builds out of the box.

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah, I guess that was the other part of my question: "should I go ahead and install the libXv-dev packages and assume that will fix things?"

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Installing the Xvlib-dev package got me past that step.

Had to install libcurl-devel because of inability to find curl.h

I'm now getting server compilation errors on

-lcurl
-lssl
-lcrypto
-lrt

but it looks like I might be ok up to that point.

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:23 am

The Linux server engine is (by default) built to statically link to as much as possible, otherwise you get all sorts of issues when running on various different distributions (the joy of a lack of binary-compatibility standards for various libraries - OpenSSL, I'm looking at you...). However, Ian pointed out to me yesterday we'd missed sorting out Makefile.server and the precompiled blobs in prebuilt/ so this won't work out of the box.

For running the server engine on a specific distribution you can try moving the curl, ssl, crypto and rt libraries to link dynamically. This is in Makefile.server - move them from CUSTOM_STATIC_LIBS to CUSTOM_DYNAMIC_LIBS and see if that works. [ This might not work if the versions of curl / openssl in your distro are significantly different from the headers that the engine has been built with but its worth a shot ].

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Compiling on 64-bit linux mint I ran into problems with livecode/thirdparty/libopenssl
and gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1) 4.7.2:

../../prebuilt/bin/Revolution.lnx "../../tools/weak_stub_maker.lc" <./ssl.stubs >./src/sslstubs.cpp
Could not open libgdk-x11-2.0.so: libgobject-2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [../../_cache/linux/debug/libopenssl/sslstubs.o] Error 1

I realize I may be on shaky ground trying to compile on a 64-bit system, but it seems fine up to this point.

Update: silly me... my new 64-bit linux mint installation had gcc installed, but not g++.
libopenssl is compiling fine now.

Return to “Engine Contributors”