Multiple undo/redo

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bfisher

Multiple undo/redo

Post by bfisher » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm

Will Revolution ever support multiple undo/redo?

This seems like a pretty basic thing to have for a mature product. I cannot imagine why it is missing, even in the script editor.

I think this has gone beyond the point where it is that would be nice to have. No multiple undo/redo is a problem.

-Ben

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Multiple undo/redo

Post by marielle » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 pm

bfisher wrote:Will Revolution ever support multiple undo/redo?

This seems like a pretty basic thing to have for a mature product. I cannot imagine why it is missing, even in the script editor.

I think this has gone beyond the point where it is that would be nice to have. No multiple undo/redo is a problem.
Hi Ben,

That's one of the very many reasons I use textmate as editor (I am on a Mac).

Information about this at sonsothunder.com
"STS/MLXEditor is a collaboration between Sons of Thunder Software and MindLube Games to provide the ability to use an external text editing application for script editing instead of Revolution's built-in script editor."

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:58 am

marielle, Thanks for posting that link to sons of thunder.

I was wondering about something like this for a while. :D

xApple

Post by xApple » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 am

Most of the time even the 1st undo doesn't behave correctly in Rev in comparison to any other Cocoa Application.

paul_gr

Post by paul_gr » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:20 am

While most development apps have multiple undo/redo, Rev is not alone -- Macromedia Director is a mature app, and hasn't got multiple undo/redo either.
While you are waiting for a multiple undo that might never arrive, use one of the external apps than can do it for you.

On Windows XP I use nowSafe -- every time I hit the save button in Rev I get a numbered .rev source file backed up in a directory of my choice.
I find this more useful than a multi-level undo that loses everything when the app closes or crashes.

Here's a few Windows apps available:
Nowsafe,FileHamster,Aladdin Flashback,Versomatic,AJC Active Backup,Backup4All etc.

There must be similar apps available for Mac developers.

Some generous Rev developers have donated free Rev built plugins -- for example, Altuit has made available revArchive, a very good plugin which also makes .rev file copies every save.
revSmartSave is another one you could find useful.

cheers
Paul

LESTROSO

Post by LESTROSO » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:08 pm

iT would be a great idea to improve a undo/redo features........

beacause a serious product must have this property ......it's a very basic app features....

thanks in advance ,

LESTROSO :(

xApple

Post by xApple » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:00 pm

Yeah I would like multiple-undoes too... If you want the rev team to acknowledge your request, go vote for this bug on the quality-center:

http://quality.runrev.com/qacenter/show_bug.cgi?id=2854

Return to “Feature Proposals”