Localization of Display Name - iOS

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

Jellobus

Localization of Display Name - iOS

Post by Jellobus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Hello,

Localization of "CFBundleDisplayName" is needed because Apple is no longer allow multiple apps for a language localization. In my case, Apple ordered me merge all apps into a single app because deploying multiple localized apps infringes "4.3 Spam" of review guidelines. They have rejected all my updates because of this reason.
4.3 Spam
Don’t create multiple Bundle IDs of the same app. If your app has different versions for specific locations, sports teams, universities, etc., consider submitting a single app and provide the variations using in-app purchase. Also avoid piling on to a category that is already saturated; the App Store has enough fart, burp, flashlight, and Kama Sutra apps already. Spamming the store may lead to your removal from the Developer Program.
Now, I need a single app showing Korean app name for Koreans, Japanese app name for Japanese, Chinese app name for Chinese, English app name for English spoken countries.

Unfortunately, a single app can't support multiple localized names with a current Application settings option.

Please advice,

Louis

Return to “Feature Requests”