On/Off auto-type in preferences

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

bogs

Re: On/Off auto-type in preferences

Post by bogs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 pm

mwieder wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:10 pm
So if someone wants to find where to patch this and submit a pull request, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be accepted.
I'm out, because I'm still working (mostly) with Mc, when I have **time at all :D

** Which is not as often as I'd like, lately :?

pderocco

Post by pderocco » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 am

bogs wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:53 pm
*If* that is the case, then it isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon would be my guess, if there is even a bug report about it listed in the quality db, I'll leave that for you to check on and submit.
Where is this database? I've been using the Bug Triage forum for reporting bugs. Should I be using something else?
... only use an outside editor, there are at least 3 plugins that let you use anything from notepad to sublime to edit the scripts and apply them back.
I'd like to hack one of these to use my ancient Codewright editor. Where do I find these plugins?
Ciao,
Paul

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:59 am

Interesting. I don't think I ever noticed that forum. From the looks of things, I'm not sure anybody actually reads or replies to that. But read this for the place to report bugs:

Code: Select all

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=23404

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:21 pm

pderocco wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 am
Where is this database? I've been using the Bug Triage forum for reporting bugs. Should I be using something else?
Bug reports are usually filed through that link. The first step is to check for previous reports of the bug your looking to file. Some are better than others at finding previous reports, I try to do at least 3 variations of a search before I submit, but Richard for instance has found bugs I could not that were already reported.

If the team finds a duplicate, they will mark yours that way and let you know, but of course your always better off really trying to find it yourself and adding your name to it if it exists.

The bug triage forum (from my understanding) is read by the same people who read all the rest of the forums. I for instance read all new posts, whether I think I can help or not. I am pretty sure others do as well.

The 'triage' part means that if I, for instance, have had the same problem your listing there, and have a way to solve it or can guide you to resolving it yourself, then it cuts down on the need to submit it to the quality db and involve the team in it.

It is also helpful for determining if something is actually a bug or not, many things that happen to one person don't happen to other people. As the name implies, it is for 'triage', and if you have something weird going on, I think it is a good first step that keeps general weirdness out of the general forums for others who do not want to read about bugs all day.

If no one has an answer, then the other forums aren't left with a lot of 1 post dead threads :D and it can be assumed it is so weird that the people who have been using this environment haven't seen it, so you may want to search the bug db and report it if not already existing.
pderocco wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 am
I'd like to hack one of these to use my ancient Codewright editor. Where do I find these plugins?
They are literally all over, on the stack sharing part of Lc, on the web, heck Ken has one on his 'Sons of Thunder' Developer Resources page which I use the most, but keep in mind I don't use any IDE past 6.x on any regular basis so I can't tell you if it works with the newer lot or *not.

Here is what it looks like with Mc and sublime which I was testing out for another thread a long long LONG time ago :D
Selection_001.png
* While previewing the post, I did test it and it did not work *correctly with the newer Lc, but the newer Lc itself doesn't work correctly on this box, ymmv.

*Edit 2 - I got around to testing on a box with a correctly running Lc9. The plugin opens, and it can open the external program for editing (test button worked), but quite a few things have changed in regards to the internal script editor so the plugin doesn't appear to receive the script message sent by the IDE :?

Return to “Feature Requests”