A darker Background editor ! Or more colors to the existing one.

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

bogs

Re: A darker Background editor ! Or more colors to the existing one.

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:00 am

bn wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 pm
This might be useful if you want to see the cursor for example... :)
Actually Bernd, the cursor shows up in a lovely white when the reversing of colors is in effect. Overall, Herman's trick is really quite a good one. The only downside I found to it was if you pick a background color that is dark, which of course produces a very light background and kills readability :D

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 am

@bogs

;-)

Yes. There is no difference regarding readability between writing black on black and writing white on white.

p.s. What's interesting with this thread is, that the color settings for the script editor in the prefs meanwhile also affect the "input fields" of the message box.
So a theme switcher should also be able to switch the theme for the message box. ;-)
shiftLock happens

bogs

Post by bogs » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm

[-hh] wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 am
p.s. What's interesting with this thread is, that the color settings for the script editor in the prefs meanwhile also affect the "input fields" of the message box.
So a theme switcher should also be able to switch the theme for the message box. ;-)
Yup, something I completely overlooked, but I think if you added the following, it should cover all the possibilities -

Code: Select all

set the ink of fld "Message Field" of card "Single Line" of stack "revmessagebox.rev" to "blendExclusion"

set the ink of fld "Message Field" of card "Multiple Lines" of stack "revmessagebox.rev" to "blendExclusion"

set the ink of fld "Results" of card "Single Line" of stack "revmessagebox.rev" to "blendExclusion"
@bogs
;-)
Yes. There is no difference regarding readability between writing black on black and writing white on white.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

teriibi

Post by teriibi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi Bn,

somehow the new version of colorizer didnt work.
Right after setting is done, I quit LC
Clic on a stack to open...

- Livenet is loaded at startup. (again !!!)
- New Colorizer is no more on the list.
search in Pluggin list doesnt show anymore the colorizer...
- Background is back to white...
and I m back to setting all again.
I thinkI will just stick to the previous colorizer. any testing takes me various test and waisting 20 min just to get "worse" results then what it was before.

So as for now, I wont run other test, but tks for trying.,.. :wink:

PS: Back to first Colorizer, Dark Bkg is working anew. :P

[-hh]

Post by [-hh] » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 am

@bogs.
Before the new version of Skia the ink used for the dark theme was "notSrcCopy". This is now "blendDifference".
Would be better to use that rather than "blendExclusion" because not all inks settings act the same on the different platforms.
shiftLock happens

bogs

Post by bogs » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Yup, that seems to work very well too, and was still readable when you choose a dark background by accident, thanks -hh!

mvillion

Post by mvillion » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi
I would like LC just to operate the IDE in reverse colours. If you switch the colours to inverted on the Mac control panel, the IDE is lovely - except your software is inverted too.

I would like a 'dark' mode (or inverted colours) for the IDE that did not invert the colours of my App.

Thanks
Matt

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm

If most of what you're doing is just writing code, you could switch your editor to either Atom or Subline Text and use dark teams in those.

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 pm

A lot of solutions for this were well represented in this thread, including using ways to use sublime and possibly Atom. Of all the solutions, the one I liked best was -hh's variation, which gives a lot of control and doesn't do anything to your stacks either, while not requiring you to leave the IDE.

Return to “Feature Requests”