Original Image Data: "iphonePickPhoto" and "mobilePickPhoto"

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

keithglong
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Original Image Data: "iphonePickPhoto" and "mobilePickPhoto"

Post by keithglong » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Hello,

I am requesting that the ability for selecting the original image data of an image (in iOS) be added to the "iphonePickPhoto" and "mobilePickPhoto" commands. As it stands, a copy of the original photo is placed into the "the text of the last image" on iOS, whereas on Android the original image data is inserted. LiveCode apps need to be able to allow iOS users to select an original image (i.e., maintaining all metadata--such as GPS coordinates, date/time, etc.) for whatever reason (such as for attaching the image to an email, for uploading to a server, etc.). Many users are quite picky about maintaining metadata.

Perhaps something like the following:

Code: Select all

iphonePickPhoto "library",800,800,originalData

Code: Select all

mobilePickPhoto "library",800,800,originalData
(And I know that the original data would be lost when putting the data into an image area, but allowing initial access to the original data would prove useful in a variety of scenarios.)

FYI: I have a "rough" prototype for an app that currently runs great on Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. The oddball out: iOS. (And interestingly enough, the app was originally designed with iOS in mind.) It would be a shame to exclude iOS users due to the inability of accessing original images via a LiveCode app. (And please note that I am not asking for the ability to write to/edit images in the camera roll folder. I just need a way for a user to select an image and have the original image be put into a variable.)

Please see the following thread: http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23529

Thanks, and I really hope that this is something that can be implemented soon in an upcoming release.

Sincerely,

Keith "Boo" Long
Gulf Breeze, FL

pkocsis

Re: Original Image Data: "iphonePickPhoto" and "mobilePickPh

Post by pkocsis » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 am

I had asked the question in the "Engine Contributors" forum here but didn't get any responses. I've been waiting for a long time and hoping that intact exif data from mobilePickPhoto on iOS could be achieved.

keithglong

Post by keithglong » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 am

That's very discouraging... Very discouraging indeed. It would at least be nice to receive some kind of feedback regarding this issue.

Thanks for the info.

Sincerely,

-Boo

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:09 pm

The only way to be sure the team sees feature requests is to enter them into the QCC. They rarely have time to read all the forums.

quality.livecode.com
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

pkocsis

Post by pkocsis » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:05 pm

@Jacque: Thanks for responding buy I had indeed done that some time ago in bug 11681

keithglong

Post by keithglong » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Jacque,
The only way to be sure the team sees feature requests is to enter them into the QCC. They rarely have time to read all the forums.
I have filed several bug requests before, but I wasn't aware that we could (should?) post feature requests there.

Thanks,

- Boo

keithglong

Post by keithglong » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:42 am

Return to “Feature Requests”