Open Source On-Rev client and server debug

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

edgore
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Open Source On-Rev client and server debug

Post by edgore » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Since On-Rev has not actually supported the client for a long time - it doesn't work at all with On-Rev since the server upgrades and repeated requests to support have just resulted in responses of "We will announce it to everyone when it works" - can RunRev just add "debugger" error mode to all of the Server platforms and open source the client?

It's never been well supported in any case, and limiting it to just On-Rev servers has always been a hassle for me, since the server stuff that I do depends on being able to access internal server resources that On-Rev servers can't see. Now, when I finally do have a project that could potentially be developed using athe On-Rev servers, the client is not working even there. It's very frustrating.

jacque

Re: Open Source On-Rev client and server debug

Post by jacque » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:56 pm

This will put errors into the web page:

Code: Select all

set the errorMode to "inline"
It isn't a full debugger but at least you get some info.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

amthonyblack

Re: Open Source On-Rev client and server debug

Post by amthonyblack » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:25 pm

"Since On-Rev has not actually supported the client for a long time - it doesn't work at all with On-Rev since the server upgrades and repeated requests to support have just resulted in responses of "We will announce it to everyone when it works""

Thats interesting. Why continue to advertise something on your website that does not work? I had to dig through forums to find out what the issue was. OF course I would be gratified if I even had FTP access after waiting a day to get 24/7 support to fix one of multiple problems. Second bad taste in my mouth dealing with runrev.

Return to “Feature Requests”